Health control requirements in Singapore
All travellers are required to comply with the prevailing public health regulations and requirements in Singapore. These may include taking a Covid-19 PCR test upon arrival in Singapore, serving Stay-Home Notice (SHN) and taking another post-arrival Covid-19 PCR test before the end of the SHN period.
On-arrival Covid-19 test
- All travellers, including Singapore citizens and permanent residents, will need to take a Covid-19 PCR test upon arrival in Singapore. This does not apply to:
- Passengers aged six and below (based on calendar year);
- Ship crew;
- Work Permit and S-Pass holders from the Construction, Marine and Process (CMP) sectors
- Foreign Domestic Workers and Confinement Nannies
- Travellers are strongly encouraged to register and pre-pay for their on-arrival Covid-19 PCR test prior to departing for Singapore at Changi airport.
Stay-Home Notice (SHN)
- Travellers from low risk countries/regions will serve a seven-day SHN at their place of residence. These low risk countries/regions include Macao SAR. The Covid-19 test will be administered before the end of the seven-day SHN.
- Travellers from Fiji, Finland, Hong Kong SAR, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Turkey and Vietnam may apply to opt out of staying at dedicated SHN facilities and serve their 14-day SHN at their place of residence. For more information, please refer safetravel.ica.gov.sg
- All other travellers will continue to serve their 14-day SHN at dedicated SHN facilities, and will be subject to a Covid-19 test before the end of the SHN.
- Those who spent the last 14 days in Australia, Brunei, Mainland China, New Zealand and Taiwan need not serve SHN but will have to undergo a Covid-19 swab test upon arrival.
- All returning Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents from the United Kingdom and South Africa will undergo a 7-day self-isolation at their place of residence, following the 14-day SHN at dedicated SHN facilities. They will also be required to undergo a Covid-19 test at the end of their SHN, and will be tested again after they have completed their 7-day self-isolation period.
- All travellers entering Singapore, will need to wear an electronic monitoring device while serving their Stay-Home Notice outside of government-designated facilities. This includes Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents, Long-Term Pass Holders, Work Pass Holders and their dependants. Travellers under the age of 12 will be exempted from wearing the device.
Travellers who are exempted from SHN Requirements
The following group of travellers are also exempted from the SHN requirement:
- Short-term visitors who enter Singapore with a valid SafeTravel Pass
- Short-term visitors who enter Singapore with a valid Air Travel Pass
- Singapore residents and Long-Term Pass holders (with Approval Letter of Entry) who spent at least 14 days prior to arriving from Australia, Brunei, Hong Kong (Air Travel Bubble travellers only), Mainland China, New Zealand and Taiwan
- Singapore residents returning from Brunei and Mainland China via the RGL arrangements
Post-Stay Home Notice (SHN) Covid-19 test
- Travellers above the age of 6 must pay for and take a Covid-19 test before the end of their SHN. They will be notified of their scheduled appointment slot via SMS.
- Travellers under the age of 6 are exempted from taking the test unless the test results of their close contacts are found to be positive.
- Travellers who had taken a pre-departure Covid-19 PCR test will still be required to serve a 14-day SHN at dedicated SHN facilities and to take a negative Covid-19 test before the end of their SHN.
For more information on SHN requirements and Covid-19 swab test, please refer www.ica.gov.sg/covid-19
Transiting through Singapore Changi Airport
Find out if you are eligible to transit by checking our latest list of www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg/media-centre/news-alert. regulatory-approved itineraries. You may also wish to learn about changes to www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg/travel-info/transit-through-singapore. Your transit experience.
Do note that transfers are only allowed between the Singapore Airlines Group (Singapore Airlines, SilkAir and Scoot). In addition, SIA has interline agreements with Air France and KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Air Niugini, Garuda Indonesia, Lufthansa and Swiss International Air Lines which allows their customers to transit through Singapore Changi Airport from approved cities to destinations in the SIA Group network currently operated by Singapore Airlines and SilkAir. You should ensure your flights are booked on the same ticket, and check that you meet the requirements to enter your final destination.
All travellers who have had a travel history to South Africa or the United Kingdom within the last 14 days will not be allowed to transit through Singapore. This does not apply to travellers who are travelling out of the United Kingdom under the same-plane-service scheme.
Travellers who have had a travel history to *India, Indonesia, Philippines and the *United Kingdom within the last 14 days prior to departure are required to present a valid negative Covid-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test result, taken within 72 hours before the flight. This is required upon departure in order to transit through Singapore. This requirement does not apply to Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents or children aged 6 and below.
*Please note that India and the United Kingdom are not on the list of www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg/media-centre/news-alert. approved transit cities.
Covid-19 Test Result Memo
The Covid-19 PCR test result memo must be obtained from an internationally accredited laboratory. It must also be in English, and state the following:
- a negative test result;
- test date;
- the name of the traveller as indicated in his/her passport; and
- at least one other detail of the traveller such as:
- date of birth
- passport number
- national identity number
If the details are not stated in the passport, you should have the relevant identification document on hand for verification.
Please note that transit passengers from other destinations are not required to undergo a Covid-19 PCR test in Singapore.
Passengers transiting through Changi Airport are reminded to wear their masks while in transit and observe safe distancing measures.
Same-plane service for passengers departing from the United Kingdom to Australia or New Zealand
Singapore Airlines has received approval to carry passengers from London Heathrow Airport to Adelaide, Brisbane, Sydney, Perth or Auckland via Singapore. These transfer passengers will remain in the aircraft while in Singapore before continuing on to either Australia or New Zealand. Transfer and non-transfer passengers will be seated separately, and customers are required to stay in their designated seating zone throughout the flight. The expected ground time in Singapore is about 90 minutes, except for flights to Adelaide where the layover in Singapore will be 3 hours and 35 minutes. During this time, customers may approach our crew if they require refreshments. Please note that passengers are not allowed to change their seat during this time to comply with regulatory requirements. Due to regulatory requirements for entry into New Zealand and Australia, customers must also have taken a Covid-19 PCR test within 72 hours prior to the scheduled departure time of their flight and received a negative test result to be accepted for boarding.
For all other destinations
You can view the latest travel regulations for your destination below. You should also check with relevant local authorities for additional guidance before you plan your trip.
Travellers departing from Singapore, and flying to a destination which requires them to produce a negative Covid-19 PCR test result prior to entry, may apply for the pre-departure test.
For travellers departing from other countries, and are required to undertake the Covid-19 PCR test as a condition of entry for their planned destination, please refer here
Where are you planning to go
Check the current entry restrictions, exemptions, and requirements for your destination.
There is no information available for the selected country/ region at the moment. Please try again later or visit IATA Travel Center
for the information.